Saturday, August 15, 2009

Best broken birthday gift ever!

I came up with a great birthday gift this year for the husband. He began home brewing this year and is really into it and is also very good at it. I was thinking of what kind of gift I could get him and decided that something to go with his new hobby would be perfect. What better way for him to share the fruits of his labor than with his own personalized growler! I was so pleased at my own cleverness and knew he would love it. I put in the order and eagerly awaited its arrival. When I got home from a friend's baby shower today (which was lovely), I saw it on the table. I ran out to the sun room to get him to open it. The package was clearly marked, "Fragile, Glass." He slit open the tape, and found mounds of Styrofoam peanuts. He plunged his hand in and pulled out...the broken neck of the bottle! Somehow even with all the packing material and the big labels, the USPS managed to break it!!! I was devastated, but he loved it anyway. He thought it was the best gift and said if all else fails he will glue it and display it proudly. I really hope the company I ordered it from will replace it though. I suppose all I can do is laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment