Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cantaloupe

It is amazing how things can trigger so many memories. I had a whole flood come back to me recently while eating cantaloupe. Strange, huh. I had a really tasty one that was icy cold from the fridge. While I ate it, I remembered a trip to Florida with my grandparents and my brothers. I was probably no more than 7 years old and was just fascinated with everything. We were going to Disney World and stayed in Kissimmee, Fl. I cannot remember the name of the hotel, but they had a huge breakfast buffet. This was of great importance to my grandfather, a great lover of food, and my two brothers, who I think at that age had hollow legs. Nothing else could explain the amount that they ate! I did not really care too much about it except for the fruit, especially the cantaloupe. After our first day I think the staff took the hint. The next morning and every morning thereafter as soon as they saw us coming, they refilled everything to the brim and brought our fresh, sweet, cold cantaloupe.

Funny, I don't really remember much else from that trip or even Disney word, but I will always remember eating cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment